- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated diced potatoes with onion
- 1 package (7 ounces) frozen fully cooked breakfast sausage links, thawed and sliced
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot pepper sauce, optional
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat; stir in the potatoes, sausage, green and red peppers, salt and cayenne. Cover and cook until potatoes and vegetables are tender, 12-14 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cheese.
- In a large skillet, fry eggs in remaining butter as desired. Sprinkle with pepper. Serve eggs with hash and, if desired, pepper sauce.
1 cup potato mixture with 2 eggs: 621 calories, 45g fat (20g saturated fat), 501mg cholesterol, 1251mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.