- 1 tablespoon bacon drippings or olive oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) frozen asparagus spears, thawed
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Greek seasoning
- In a large skillet, heat drippings over medium-high heat. Add asparagus, mushrooms and onion; cook and stir until tender, 10-12 minutes. Sprinkle with almonds and Greek seasoning; heat through.
1 serving: 84 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 252mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.