- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh savory or 2 teaspoons dried savory
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Place beans in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. bring to a boil; cover and steam for 7-9 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in the savory, parsley, lemon juice, vinegar, oil, sugar, salt and pepper. Add beans; toss to coat. Sprinkle with bacon.
3/4 cup: 164 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 758mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.