- 1-1/4 cups beef broth, divided
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless round steak, cut into strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 medium green peppers, julienned
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine 3/4 cup broth, soy sauce, ginger, sugar and pepper; set aside.
- In a skillet or wok over medium-high heat, brown beef and garlic in oil. Add peppers and tomatoes. Cook and stir until peppers are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Stir the soy sauce mixture and add to pan. Cover and cook until the meat is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch with the remaining broth until smooth; add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Serve over rice.
1 each: 213 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 618mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.