- 6 cups spicy hot V8 juice
- 2 cups cold water
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), tails removed
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and chopped
- In a large nonreactive bowl, mix first 6 ingredients. Gently stir in remaining ingredients. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour before serving.
Editor's Note: This recipe is best served the same day it's made.
1 cup: 112 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 399mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.