- 1/2 pound uncooked angel hair pasta
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute shallots and garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add the shrimp, oregano and salt; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink. In small bowl, combine the broth, wine and cornstarch; gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Drain pasta. Add the pasta, lemon juice, capers and parsley to the skillet; toss to coat.
1-1/2 cups: 295 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 139mg cholesterol, 715mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.