Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute onion and mushrooms until tender. Stir in ham, pepper, broth and water; bring to a boil. Stir in rice. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until rice is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork. Top with green onions and cheese.
Health Tip: Look for lower-sodium versions of ham in the meat and deli sections. They typically have 25 to 30 percent less.
1-1/4 cups: 322 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 1168mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.