Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 slices onion
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 teaspoon ranch salad dressing mix
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook patties over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato and onion. Combine sour cream and dressing mix; spoon over burgers.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
1 each: 373 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 772mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 5g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable.