Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and onion is tender, 5-7 minutes, breaking the meat into crumbles. Drain. Stir in the beans, tomato paste, water, ketchup, oregano and salt.
- Separate crescent dough into 4 rectangles; seal perforations. Spoon a fourth of the meat mixture onto half of each rectangle; sprinkle with cheese. Fold dough over filling; pinch edges to seal. Cut slits in tops.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, 13-15 minutes.
1 each: 961 calories, 47g fat (18g saturated fat), 116mg cholesterol, 1900mg sodium, 83g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 8g fiber), 45g protein.