- 1 boneless beef top round steak (1/2 pound), cut into 2 pieces
- Dash seasoned salt, optional
- Dash pepper
- Dash garlic powder
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon browning sauce, optional
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/2 small green pepper, cut into small chunks
- Sprinkle 1 side of each piece of steak with seasoned salt if desired and pepper; sprinkle other side with garlic powder. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the salad dressing, water and, if desired, browning sauce. Add carrots and potatoes; toss to coat. Add steak and coat with sauce. Top with onion and green pepper.
- Cover and cook on low until meat is tender, 8-9 hours.
1 serving: 505 calories, 22g fat (3g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1283mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 5g fiber), 29g protein.