- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons fajita seasoning mix, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups chopped seeded fresh poblano peppers
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Optional: Hot cooked rice and chipotle hot sauce, such as Choulula
- Sprinkle roast with 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; brown meat. Transfer meat to a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the next 8 ingredients and remaining 1 tablespoon fajita seasoning; pour over meat. Cook, covered, on low until a thermometer inserted in pork reads at least 145°, about 3 hours.
- Remove roast; cool slightly. Cut pork into 1-in. cubes; return to slow cooker. Heat through. If desired, serve pork with rice and hot sauce.
- Freeze option: Place cubed pork in freezer containers; top with cooking juices. Cool and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally.
1-1/4 cups: 274 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 588mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 34g protein.