- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) whole baby clams
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Hot cooked pasta
- Optional: Grated Parmesan cheese, lemon juice and minced fresh parsley
- Heat butter and oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and garlic; cook until vegetables are tender, 5 minutes more.
- Drain clams, reserving liquid; coarsely chop. Place clams, reserved clam juice, mushroom mixture and the next 9 ingredients in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low for 3 hours. Remove and discard bay leaf; stir in parsley. Serve with pasta. If desired, serve with optional ingredients.
Test Kitchen tips
1/2 cup: 138 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 580mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.