- 1 large onion, sliced
- 6 medium carrots, cut into chunks
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 corned beef brisket with spice packet (2-1/2 pounds)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 4 whole cloves
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 small head cabbage, cut into 6 wedges
- Place onion in a 6-qt. slow cooker. Top with carrots, potatoes and brisket. Combine the apple juice, cloves, brown sugar, orange zest, mustard and contents of spice packet; pour over brisket. Cover and cook on high for 3-1/2 to 4 hours.
- Add cabbage; cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until meat and vegetables are tender. Strain and discard cloves; serve pan juices with corned beef and vegetables.
1 serving: 541 calories, 26g fat (9g saturated fat), 130mg cholesterol, 1585mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 7g fiber), 29g protein.