Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 to 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Red and green liquid or paste food coloring
- Black and orange jimmies or sprinkles
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Beat in water and extract. Gradually beat in 2 cups flour and mix well; if needed add remaining flour, 1 tablespoon at a time until dough is pliable but not dry. Place 1/3 cup each in 2 small bowls. Add red food coloring to 1 and green to the other; set aside.
- Shape remaining dough into twelve 1-in. balls and twelve 1-1/2-in. balls. Place 1 smaller ball above 1 larger ball on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly.
- For each snowman, shape 2 teaspoons of colored dough into a hat; place above head. For scarf, shape 1/4 teaspoon of each color into a 3-in. rope; twist ropes together, leaving 1 end untwisted. Place scarf around snowman's neck. Insert jimmies for eyes and nose.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool on baking sheets.
1 cookie: 261 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 155mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.