- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable broth
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup sliced fresh or frozen okra
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 2 teaspoons dried savory
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, saute onion in oil until tender, 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until vegetables are crisp-tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Serve immediately or transfer to freezer containers. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
1-2/3 cups: 133 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1095mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 7g fiber), 5g protein.