- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Hot cooked rice and salsa
- Saute red pepper in oil in a large skillet until tender. Add garlic and cook 1 minute longer. Add the spinach, chipotle pepper and cumin; cook until spinach is wilted.
- Make a lengthwise slit down center of each tenderloin to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Open tenderloins so they lie flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 1/4-in. thickness; remove plastic.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over pork; top with spinach mixture and cheese.
- Close tenderloins; tie with kitchen string and secure ends with toothpicks. Place tenderloins in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Discard string and toothpicks. Serve with rice and salsa.