- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- Sour cream, optional
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise; cut a thin slice from the bottom of each with a sharp knife to allow zucchini to sit flat. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-in. shells.
- Place shells in an ungreased 3-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat; stir in the salsa, bread crumbs, cilantro, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper and 1/2 cup cheese. Spoon into zucchini shells.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Microwave 3-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and zucchini are tender. Serve with sour cream if desired.
2 each: 387 calories, 23g fat (11g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 618mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 30g protein.