- 5 to 6 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- Spread apples in a 9-in. square baking dish. In a bowl, combine the flour, oats, sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden. Serve warm.
Microwave Directions: Microwave, uncovered, on high for 7-10 minutes or until apples are tender. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.