- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium apples, peeled and cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 cups steel-cut oats
- 2 large eggs
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup refrigerated vanilla dairy creamer
- Optional: Chopped pecans and additional milk
- Mix first 8 ingredients. Place apples in a greased 4-qt. slow cooker. Top with brown sugar mixture, then with oats.
- Whisk together eggs, water, milk and creamer; pour over oats. Cook, covered, on low until oats are tender, 4-1/2 to 5 hours. If desired, serve with pecans and additional milk.
1 cup: 290 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 109mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 5g fiber), 7g protein.