- 2 quarts water
- 2 quarts unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 individual black tea bags
- 4 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- In a 6-qt. slow cooker, combine the water, apple juice, brown sugar and tea bags. Place the cinnamon sticks, ginger, allspice and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag. Place in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high until heated through, 2-3 hours. Discard tea bags and spice bag. Serve warm in mugs.
3/4 cup: 84 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.