- 1-1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper, optional
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs, cheese and, if desired, chipotle pepper. Place butter in a separate shallow bowl. Dip chicken pieces in butter, then in crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- Place chicken in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture. Bake 20-25 minutes or until no longer pink.
Spicy Chicken Nugget Tips
How do you cut chicken thighs into nuggets?Use a sharp knife and cutting board designated for uncooked poultry. Cut the chicken into pieces roughly the same size, as this allows for even cooking. After handling raw chicken, wash your hands well and reach for new cutting and cooking tools.
What sauce goes well with spicy chicken nuggets?Honey, honey mustard, ranch dressing, marinara, BBQ sauce … your options are endless for dipping. Consider one of these homemade condiments.
How do I make these chicken nuggets spicier?Increase the ground chipotle pepper in the recipe or add ¼ teaspoon cayenne. Or, lightly sprinkle the chicken thighs with hot sauce before coating them. You can also add some heat to your dipping sauce. Explore the options with our ultimate guide to hot sauce.
Research contributed by Christine Rukavena, Taste of Home Book Editor.
1 serving: 371 calories, 22g fat (10g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 527mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein.