- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons seeded jalapeno peppers
- In a large bowl, combine cornmeal, cheese, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat the eggs, add corn, buttermilk, oil and jalapenos. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cut into squares; serve warm.
1 piece: 179 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 450mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.