- 1 package (6.4 ounces) lasagna dinner mix
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jar (14 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella and provolone cheese blend
- Fill a large saucepan three-fourths full with water; bring to a boil. Add pasta from lasagna dinner; cook, uncovered, 10-12 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef, onion, green pepper and garlic over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, breaking beef into crumbles; drain.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce, salsa, seasonings and contents of seasoning packet from lasagna dinner. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Drain pasta. Add to tomato mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese; let stand, covered, until cheese is melted.
Can you freeze Spicy Lasagna Skillet Dinner?
Freeze cooled pasta mixture and cheese in separate freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a skillet, stirring occasionally; add a little water if necessary. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with cheese; let stand, covered, until cheese is melted.
1 cup: 319 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 1403mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein.