- 6 garlic cloves, halved
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1-1/2 cups loosely packed basil leaves
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pine nuts, toasted
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Place garlic in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Add spinach, basil and walnuts. Pulse until chopped. Add cheese, salt and pepper. Continue processing while gradually adding oil in a steady stream.
Can you freeze Spinach-Basil Pesto?
Freeze pesto in freezer containers. To use, thaw in refrigerator.
2 tablespoons: 167 calories, 17g fat (3g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 177mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.