- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tubes (one 6 ounces, one 12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Marinara sauce, warmed
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, garlic and pepper until blended. Stir in spinach, cheeses and mayonnaise.
- Separate biscuit dough. Using a serrated knife, cut each biscuit horizontally in half. Wrap each half around 1 tablespoon spinach mixture, pinching to seal and forming a ball.
- Layer in a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm with marinara sauce.
2 balls with 2 tablespoons sauce: 182 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 408mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.