Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) unsliced French bread
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 6 cups fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cut bread in half lengthwise; spread cut sides with half of the butter. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook onions in remaining butter over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Add the spinach, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce; cook and stir 3 minutes longer or until spinach is tender.
- Spread over bottom half of loaf; sprinkle with cheeses. Replace bread top. Wrap in foil; place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Open foil; bake 5 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cut loaf into pieces to serve.
TEST KITCHEN TIP French bread rolls can be used in place of the loaf of bread.
1 piece: 471 calories, 32g fat (19g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 742mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.