- 2 cups torn fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and chopped
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup thawed apple-cranberry juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a large cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet, cook the spinach in 1/4 cup water over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until wilted; drain well. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, artichokes, Parmesan cheese and rosemary; set aside.
- Cut a lengthwise slit down center of tenderloin to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Open meat so it lies flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 1/4-in. thickness; remove plastic. Sprinkle meat with 1/4 teaspoon salt; top with spinach mixture.
- Close meat; tie with kitchen string and secure ends with toothpicks. Sprinkle with pepper and remaining salt. Place in skillet. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Pour over the meat. Bake until a thermometer reads 145°, 10 minutes longer. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Discard toothpicks.
1 serving: 259 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 485mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.