- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Sweetened whipped cream and toasted chopped almonds, optional
- In a heavy saucepan, combine rice, milk, cream and sugar; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to maintain a low simmer. Cook, uncovered, until rice is soft, about 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat. In a small bowl, stir a small amount into egg yolks; return all to pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Cool completely.
- Layer half the blueberries, half the pudding mixture and half the raspberries in six parfait glasses. Repeat layers. Refrigerate until serving. If desired, top with whipped cream and almonds.
1 parfait: 319 calories, 19g fat (12g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 49mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.