- 2 cups fresh or frozen pitted tart cherries, thawed
- 3 medium nectarines, chopped
- 3 apricots, sliced
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons cold butter, divided
- 6 to 7 tablespoons ice water
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon water
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small bowl, combine the cherries, nectarines, apricots, sugar, cornstarch, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine salt and remaining flour; cut in 3/4 cup butter until crumbly. Gradually add ice water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Divide dough into two portions so that one is slightly larger than the other. Roll out larger portion to fit a 9-in. pie plate; transfer pastry to pie plate. Add filling; dot with remaining butter.
- Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Trim, seal and flute edges. In a small bowl, whisk egg yolk and water; brush over lattice top.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until filling is bubbly and crust is golden brown. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack.
1 piece: 360 calories, 21g fat (13g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 439mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.