Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 8 beef cube steaks (4 ounces each)
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup French salad dressing
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- Pound steaks to 1/4-in. thickness. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Spoon salad dressing over steaks. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- In a large saucepan, combine the vegetables, broth and remaining salt. Cover and cook over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until tender. Drain, reserving liquid.
- Spoon 1/4 cup vegetable mixture onto each steak; roll up and secure with toothpicks. In a large nonstick skillet, brown meat rolls in oil on all sides. Cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until meat is tender. Remove with a slotted spoon; keep warm.
- Combine cornstarch and reserved cooking liquid until smooth; stir into pan drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add browning sauce if desired. Remove toothpicks. Serve with steak rolls.
1 serving: 258 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 655mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.