Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon cold butter, divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons raisins, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- EGG WASH:
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon milk
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in 1/3 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently for 1-2 minutes or until smooth. Roll into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Melt remaining butter; brush over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- Combine the pecans, brown sugar, raisins, cinnamon and allspice; sprinkle over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices. Place cut side up on a greased baking sheet; press down lightly.
- Beat egg yolk and milk; brush over rolls. Bake at 425° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.