- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2-1/2 cups water, divided
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 2 cups fresh or frozen sliced peaches, thawed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 medium ripe bananas, sliced
- 1 pint lime sherbet, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, tapioca and 1-1/2 cups water. Cook over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until thickened and clear.
- Remove from the heat; stir in orange juice concentrate and remaining water until the concentrate is thawed. Stir in the strawberries, peaches and oranges. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in bananas. Top each serving with a scoop of sherbet if desired.
1 cup: 259 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (53g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.