- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 package (6 ounces) onion and garlic croutons
- 2 cups cubed mild cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cubed Monterey Jack cheese
- 12 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer the croutons, sausage and cheese. Combine eggs and milk; mix well. Pour over cheese; sprinkle with basil, salt and pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until the top is lightly browned and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve immediately.
1 piece: 591 calories, 43g fat (21g saturated fat), 407mg cholesterol, 1054mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 32g protein.