Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, green pepper and garlic over medium heat, breaking beef into crumbles until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, bring tomato sauce and Italian seasoning to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir 1/2 cup into the meat mixture; keep remaining sauce warm.
- Unroll pizza crust onto a floured surface. Roll into a 12-in. square; cut into quarters. Spread cream cheese over each to within 1/2 in. of edges. Top with meat mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, mushrooms and olives.
- Fold dough over filling, forming a triangle; press edges with a fork to seal. Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° until golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Serve with the remaining sauce.
1 calzone: 541 calories, 24g fat (11g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 1552mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 28g protein.