- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (12 to 14 ounces each), skin removed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (20 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil. Transfer to a greased 4-qt. slow cooker. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; place pineapple over chicken. Whisk the brown sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, salt, ginger and reserved juice until smooth; pour over top.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender. Serve with rice.
1 serving (calculated without rice): 572 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 188mg cholesterol, 627mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 1g fiber), 69g protein.