Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 7 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2-2/3 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, milk, oil and sweet potatoes. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cut into squares. Serve warm.
1 piece: 267 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 499mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.