Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 24 slices French bread baguette (1/4 inch thick)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/4 cups miniature marshmallows, halved
- Preheat oven to 375°. Mix sugar and cinnamon. Arrange bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with butter; sprinkle with sugar mixture. Bake until lightly browned, 5-7 minutes. Remove from oven; preheat broiler.
- Mix sweet potatoes, pecans, brown sugar and butter; spread over toasts. Top with marshmallows, pressing lightly. Broil 3-4 in. from heat until marshmallows are lightly toasted, 1-2 minutes.
1 appetizer: 74 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 49mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.