- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup V8 juice
- 1 tablespoon golden raisins
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Dash cayenne pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Crumble beef into broth. Cook, covered, for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add remaining ingredients; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until meat is no longer pink and potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
1-1/4 cups: 265 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 532mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 4g fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat.