Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) marshmallows
- Red gel or paste food coloring
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Draw a 9-in. heart on waxed paper. Coat with cooking spray; set aside. In a large saucepan, heat butter and marshmallows over medium heat until marshmallows are melted, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in food coloring and cereal. Shape mixture into a heart on prepared pan, using the drawn heart as a guide. Let stand for 1 hour or until set.
- In a heavy saucepan or microwave, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Spread a 1-in. border near edge of heart. Place remaining melted chips in a pastry or plastic bag; cut a small hole in the corner of bag. Pipe initials in the center of heart.
1 piece: 351 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 270mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.