- 1 can (6 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Pepper to taste
- 8 slices bread
- 2 to 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- In a large bowl, combine the tuna, cheese, onion and celery. In a small bowl, combine sour cream and mayonnaise. Pour over tuna mixture and toss to coat. Spread about 1/2 cup over four slices of bread; top with remaining bread. Butter the outsides of sandwiches.
- On a griddle or in a large skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 4-5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
1 sandwich: 576 calories, 42g fat (15g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 672mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein.