- 1 cup finely crushed corn chips
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- Sandwich buns, split
- Lettuce leaves
- Tomato slices
- Salsa, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the corn chips, taco seasoning, onion and egg. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- Top each burger with a cheese slice; heat just until cheese begins to melt. Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato and, if desired, salsa.
1 burger: 418 calories, 24g fat (11g saturated fat), 135mg cholesterol, 903mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein.