- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 8 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes, breaking it into crumbles; drain. Stir in tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce and the next 5 ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until thickened, 15-20 minutes. Spoon onto buns; top with cheese and lettuce.
1 each: 280 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 705mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.