- 1 package (24 ounces) shells and cheese dinner mix
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1/3 cup taco sauce
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- Prepare shells and cheese mix according to package directions. Stir in sausage, taco sauce and seasoning; cook and stir until heated through. Top with lettuce, tomatoes and, if desired, cheddar cheese.
Can you freeze Taco Mac?
Freeze cooled pasta mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little milk if necessary. Garnish as directed.
<b>Editor's Note:</b> This recipe was tested with Kraft Velveeta Family-Size Shells & Cheese.
1 each: 465 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 1413mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein.