- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- Tortilla chips, optional
- In a small skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; crumble beef; drain. Stir in water and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Cool.
- In a small bowl, mash avocado with onion, garlic and lemon juice. In each of four 1-qt. wide-mouth canning jars, divide and layer ingredients in the following order: Sour cream, salsa, beef, tomatoes, olives, cucumber, green onions, avocado mixture, cheese and lettuce. Cover and refrigerate until serving. To serve, transfer salads into bowls; toss to combine. If desired, serve with tortilla chips.
1 serving: 483 calories, 29g fat (12g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 1087mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 5g fiber), 34g protein.