- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (3 ounces) ramen noodles
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar or Mexican cheese blend
- Crushed tortilla chips, optional
- In a small skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; crumble beef; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil. Add ramen noodles (discard seasoning packet or save for another use). Cook and stir until noodles are tender, 3-5 minutes.
- Spoon into serving bowls; sprinkle with cheese and, if desired, tortilla chips.
1 cup: 480 calories, 21g fat (10g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 1279mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.