- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3 cups diced unpeeled apples
- 1-1/2 cups lightly salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. In a large bowl, combine pineapple and marshmallows; cover and refrigerate for several hours.
- In a saucepan, combine the egg, sugars, flour, vinegar and reserved pineapple juice; cook and stir until mixture thickens and reaches 160°. Remove from the heat; cool. Cover and refrigerate.
- Fold whipped topping into the chilled dressing. Add the apples and peanuts to the pineapple and marshmallows. Fold dressing into fruit mixture. Refrigerate leftovers.
3/4 cup: 315 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 93mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.