- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound wide rice noodles
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil or canola oil, divided
- 8 ounces boneless beef chuck steak, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 large onion, julienned
- 2 to 4 Thai red chiles, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups fresh Thai basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup minced garlic chives
- In a bowl, stir together first 7 ingredients; set aside. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Toss with 1 tablespoon oil; set aside.
- In a large wok or skillet, heat remaining oil over high heat. Add beef in a single layer; cook until caramelized, about 30 seconds. Turn and cook 30 seconds more; remove. Add red peppers, onion and Thai chiles to wok; stir-fry until peppers are just tender and starting to brown, 2-3 minutes. Add sauce and noodles; bring to a simmer. Cook until sauce thickens and starts to coat noodles. Add beef; toss to coat. Remove from heat; add basil and chives. Serve immediately.
1-2/3 cups: 497 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 2393mg sodium, 74g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein.