- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 5 teaspoons Thai chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 ounces uncooked thick rice noodles
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups fresh snow peas
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, coconut milk, soy sauce, water, peanut butter, vinegar, chili sauce and ginger until blended; set aside.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the asparagus, snow peas, red pepper, carrots, water chestnuts and shallots in oil for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Stir soy sauce mixture and stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain noodles; add to vegetable mixture and stir to coat. Sprinkle with peanuts.
1-1/4 cups: 468 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1503mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 8g fiber), 15g protein.