- 12 cheesecloth squares (about 8 inches)
- 12 hard-boiled large eggs, blotted dry
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- Food coloring in assorted colors
- Dampen cheesecloth with vinegar. Wrap one square around each egg; gather edges and secure with a twist tie or string.
- Holding tied end, squeeze drops of food coloring onto cheesecloth in a random pattern. Unwrap carefully; place on a wire rack to dry. Refrigerate until serving.
Editor's Note: Cheesecloth is available in the housewares section of most grocery stores. Cotton cloth or white paper towels may be substituted for the cheesecloth.
1 each: 78 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 187mg cholesterol, 62mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.