Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons softened butter, divided
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9-in. baking pan with parchment, letting ends extend up sides.
- Beat flour, 1 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup butter until well blended (mixture will be dry and crumbly). Firmly press into prepared pan. Sprinkle pecans over flour mixture.
- In a small saucepan, combine remaining brown sugar and remaining butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil until sugar is dissolved, stirring constantly, about 1 minute. Carefully pour mixture over pecans. Bake until bubbly and edges start to brown, 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips. Let stand until chocolate begins to melt; spread evenly. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Lifting with parchment, remove from pan. Cut into squares.
1 bar: 134 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 39mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.